Re: Installing MariaDB using MySQL Workbench on Windows

Hi!

On 18 Feb 2011, at 05:38, Jake Drew wrote:

> 1.  Is there anything else I should do to configure MariaDB for use under Windows?

You had MariaDB configured to run and operate in a Microsoft Windows environment the moment you hit #7.

> 2.  Almost all tabs under the "Configuration" section are blank in MySQL Workbench for the ner server instance MariaDB.  This was not the case when I was running MySQL 5.1.53 on Windows.  Is this normal?  If not, can it be resolved?

Can you take a screenshot? I've tested this on the Mac version of Workbench and it just works as advertised (I do not have a Windows VM handy to repeat it in Microsoft Windows)

If there is a bug in Workbench, the best place to report it is http://bugs.mysql.com because Workbench is a product that Oracle makes

You do not need Workbench to make MariaDB run. If you want another alternative in Windows, I suggest using SQLYog - http://www.webyog.com/en/

	cheers,
	-c
--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.