Re: Installing MariaDB using MySQL Workbench on Windows

I researched it a little bit further.
So, the below bug can be worked around with

mysqld -install

Assuming you have my.ini in the installation directory, you'll get  service
named MySQL, which will be using my.ini config file n the installation root.

With this configuration, WB does not crash, and you can point it to  my.ini.
And my.ini settings will *not* be shown in the WB configuration settings, as
you say.  For MariaDB 5.2 that is.  For MariaDB  5.1 however, it works.  My
theory  is that Workbench checks version prior presenting  config file
options. 5.2 is not a known version, hence config editor behavior is
erratic.   I cannot think of other explanation for this behavior , as my.ini
files are identical in my tests, the only thing which is different here is
the version string.

Vladislav.

PS. I don't think Oracle Workbench folks would see this behavior  as a bug
btw, as they are not bound to support Maria.