Re: Installation problems of 5.2 in debian squueze

Στις Σάββατο 12 Μάρτιος 2011 10:35:39 Kristian Nielsen γράψατε:
> Πρεκατές Αλέξανδρος <aprekates@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >   Then i used aptitude to update packages.
> >   After choosing mariadb server and client aptitude warned me of
> >   conflicts and
> >
> > that i should  remove  mysql-server-core-5.1
>
> That conflict is intentional.
>
> The way the .deb packages are made, they are supposed to replace existing
> mysql packages. Installing mariadb should automatically uninstall mysql,
> install mariadb, and mariadb will take over the database and function in
> exactly the same way for any existing applications. Just when one upgrades
> from mysql-5.0 to mysql-5.1. It is not (easily) possible to have both mysql
> and mariadb installed at the same time using the .deb packages.
>
> If you want to install mariadb on the same machine as mysql and have both
> running at the same time, you can use the binary tarballs. You should then
> install mariadb in a different location than mysql and configure it to use
> a different port.
>
> > At that point i stopped.
>
> I take this to read that the install attempt worked, but you aborted it
> since you wanted to keep old mysql installed (which makes sense).
>
> If you had accepted the replacement, and it had nevertheless failed, that
> would be a problem to investigate.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>  - Kristian.

I have not installed mysql server.  Akonadi depends on mysql-server-core and
installed it  when kde was installed in the first place.

I had not  installed mariadb before cause i was  not sure if that will break
akonadi .

Thanks for the reply.
I continued with the installation of mariadb 5.2 . No problem appeared .

Alexandros.