MariaDB and Sun CoolThread

Hi all,

I am installing MariaDB on a server Sun/Oracle T5140 with CoolThread/ CMT technology.

This server has two physical Sparc CPU with 48 1165MHZ virtual processors each. However, it's look like that MariaDB is performing much better on my MacBook Pro when compared against this server.

As far as I can see MariaDB stay locked/running on a single virtual CPU and MariaDB doesn't take advantage of CoolThread/CMT technologies, I mean it can not run on more than one virtual CPU same time. Result: poor performance.

Anybody knows if there is something can I do to spread ;-) MariaDB all over cpus? Am I missing something?

	Thank you all

Alex

Follow ups