Re: MariaDB 5.6

> The AMD and Intel x86_64 chips are quite similar, and most optimisations

If I'm not mistaken I think the 64bit instruction set AMD developed
was adopted by Intel so this would make sense.

> The "Work with Intel" probably refers to the fact that Intel is helping the
> work by donating many-core servers to MariaDB developers, and maybe

Sweet. I'm wondering how a previous comment by someone on the list
about Sparc and threads might be related? Maybe synergies exist so the
('re") design for one might help the other...just a thought.