Re: Including MariaDB server and client in my package application???

Wahono,

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 09:03 -0700, wahono sri wrote:

> May I include MariaDB files in my software package to make easy for
> user if they don't know about db server and how to install and
> configure it to use as db server for my application.
>

> I'll prefer my users to choose options of installation package :
> 1. Acosys Version 4
> 2. MariaDB Client Library
> 3. MariaDB Server
> 4. ....
>

> Is it allowed by MariaDB licence?
>

> I read MariaDB licence but I am confusing to understand it clearly.

If I understand the GPL license, you can distribute it but you must
provide the source code for Mariadb - I am not a lawyer. I am not sure
if providing a link on your site to the source code is fine or if it
must be included in the download. My non-lawyer reading of the license
is that commercial releases must provide the source code as part of the
download while non-commercial releases must provide, at a minimum, a
link to the source code. Another issue is if you have mixed licensing,
say GPL and BSD, how one license affects the other is murky to me.

Also, the GPL license terms must be granted to all users regardless of
if it is a commercial or non-commercial release.

You should review the GPL and other information at >
http://www.gnu.org/. License questions should be sent to them for
clarifications, they developed the GPL for software licensing.