Re: Including MariaDB server and client in my package application???

Hi wahono

This post and the comments may be helpful:
http://openlife.cc/blogs/2011/january/reposting-mark-schonewilles-blog-how-gpl-applies-mysql-use-cases

One key issue people tend to forget: it doesn't really matter if you
distribute something together with MariaDB (or some other GPL
software) or if they are distributed separately. Either they are
separate works or not and this doesn't change if you distribute them
on one CD or two CDs.

If you're using the c client library (your application is c or c++)
then this is also good to know:
http://kb.askmonty.org/en/lgpl-mysql-client-library-32358

If you are using PHP, JDBC or any other client library, then according
to our best legal experts there is no issue with licensing and your
application can use any license you want.

As Planas commented, if you distribute GPL software like MariaDB, you
need to of course remember to provide source code for MariaDB itself.
I think it is sufficient to provide a link to mariadb.org/downloads,
but you can of course just bundle a copy of the source tarball to be
safe (especially if it's on a CD and there's empty space), otherwise
you could just provide a separate link on your download page.

henrik