Re: auth_pam does not compile on OSX

Hi!

On 21 Dec 2011, at 05:07, Terin Stock wrote:

> The 5.2.10 version of MariaDB is not compiling for me (using homebrew) on OSX. The error and other information, is as follows.
>
> I've resolved the issue for now by passing in --without-plugin-auth_pam to configure.

This should be a bug - please file it as such in launchpad. It may not be a very high priority one, as I thought PAM only worked on Linux, but apparently it also does work on OSX. In fact, pgsql+PAM also seems to work on OSX -- http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20060727093739762

I guess for homebrew, the best thing to do is disable it in the meantime. I'm curious to know how many people use PAM auth on OSX... and how it pans out with OSX Server

<snipped>

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.