Re: MySQL's future in Debian and Ubuntu

Hello,

On 2/7/2012 8:04 AM, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
As a member of the security team, I think Oracle's move to a private bug
tracker and not publishing details on the security issues is a disaster
for Linux distributions attempting to maintain MySQL.

I would support moving to a project that still does development in the
open and is not actively trying to hide details of security issues.

We already moved all our clients to our custom MariaDB RPM's. They are optimized for performance and available for free (without support) in our repository for Redhat/CentOS 5/6 (http://rpm.axivo.com/). In a nutshell, MariaDB performs way better than any MySQL version we tested.

Regards,

Floren Munteanu