New KB Question: millisecond part is trimmed away when saving Java Date obj by hibernate

A new question has been posted in the Knowledgebase:

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/millisecond-part-is-trimmed-away-when-saving-java-date-obj-by-hibernate

Hi,

I recently upgraded my MySQL DB to MariaDB for millisecond support. I
can see the millisecond part in my upgraded database. And I tested the
millisecond support by inserting a row to a table of my db. It
functions well. But when I use hibernate to save a java.util.Date obj
into database, millisecond part is trimmed and in MariaDB date obj is
saved as: 2012-02-13 18:40:55.000. Do I need to set up something to
activate millisecond support? Or I need to config hibernate for
millisecond support?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks.

--