MariaDB 5.1.62 and 5.2.12 now available

The MariaDB project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
MariaDB 5.1.62 and 5.2.12. Both of these are stable (RC) releases and
include MySQL 5.1.62 and several bug fixes.

Most importantly, MariaDB 5.1.62 and 5.2.12 include a fix for a bug that
under certain rare circumstances allowed a user to connect with an
invalid password. This is a serious security issue. We recommend
upgrading from older versions as soon as possible.

- - MariaDB 5.1.62 Links - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  Release Notes: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5162-release-notes
      Changelog: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5162-changelog
      Downloads: http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/5.1.62

  .deb Repositories: http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/repositories/

  Overview of MariaDB 5.1: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/what-is-mariadb-51

- - MariaDB 5.2.12 Links - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  Release Notes: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5212-release-notes
      Changelog: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5212-changelog
      Downloads: http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/5.2.12

  .deb Repositories: http://downloads.askmonty.org/mariadb/repositories/

  Overview of MariaDB 5.2: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/what-is-mariadb-52

- - SkySQL and MariaDB: Solutions Day - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We'll be co-hosting the the "SkySQL & MariaDB: Solutions Day for the
MySQL® Database" one day event on 13 April, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency
Santa Clara.

During this event, attendees will receive free, hands-on training and
consulting on MariaDB and MySQL® database solutions from the experts at
SkySQL, MariaDB, Continuent, ScaleDB, Severalnines, Sphinx, and Webyog,
among others. SkySQL and MariaDB will bring together industry
visionaries, including Michael (Monty) Widenius and David Axmark, the
original authors of the MySQL database, to share their insights on
current and future trends pertaining to the world's most popular open
source database.

To learn more about this free event, visit:
    http://www.skysql.com/events/mysql-solutions-day

The schedule for the event is here:
    http://www.skysql.com/events/mysql-solutions-day/schedule

Attendees are also invited to participate in Drizzle Day - a parallel
event co-hosted by SkySQL, Percona, and the Drizzle Development Team,
featuring tutorials on the Drizzle database.

- - User Feedback plugin - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MariaDB includes a User Feedback plugin. This plugin is disabled by
default. If enabled, it submits basic, completely anonymous MariaDB
usage information. This information is used by the developers to track
trends in MariaDB usage to better guide development efforts.

If you would like to help make MariaDB better, please add
"plugin-load=feedback.so" to your my.cnf file! On Windows, add
"feedback=ON" to your my.ini file, or click the checkbox during the
installation of the MSI package.

See http://kb.askmonty.org/en/user-feedback-plugin for more information.

- - Quality - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The project always strives for quality, but in reality, nothing is
perfect. Please take time to report any issues you encounter at:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria

- - Where else to find us - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     We're on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MariaDB.dbms
      We're on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mariadb
  We're on Google Plus: http://gplus.to/mariadb

We hope you enjoy MariaDB!