Re: MariaDB & InnoDB native aio disabled

Hi Jocelyn,

jocelyn fournier wrote:

> I've just figured out after installing MariaDB 5.5.23 on two server (one
> directly from the x64 binary, and the other using the debian packing)
> that innodb_use_native_aio is OFF on the two servers.
> Am I missing something ?

No, you are right. It seems both the tar.gz and deb packages provided by us
are built without libaio. For the deb packages, we regard this a bug and I
created this bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/maria/+bug/988204

For the tar.gz packages, we are rather reluctant to add additional
dependencies like libaio. Unless deb, a tar.gz package cannot announce such
dependencies, so users might end with a dysfunctional installation without a
warning. We will review this decision internally.

Thank you for reporting this problem!

Axel Schwenke
Senior Performance Engineer, MariaDB Services AB