KB Question: DROP TABLE Syntax Causing Memory Leak

The following question has been posted to the Knowledgebase:

https://kb.askmonty.org/en/drop-table-syntax-causeing-memory-leak/

DROP TABLE Syntax Causing Memory Leak

I have a Server with 2 Xeon E5645 total 12cores and 24 threads on a
X8DAH+-F-B Motherboard and 96Gigs of Memory and 4 Terabytes of hard
drive space. We are running the newest stable release of MariaDB
5.5.25. every night I run a PHP script to bring a large data set
roughly 500K records or so into a XtraDB Table I use as a "SWAP" table.
I processing,filtering, massaging the data in this table then insert
this processed data into other tables where it can be accessed by a web
application. At the end of this Script I DROP this "SWAP" table. This
Script runs 24 times a day and does not seem to have much issues. But
For Some reason seemingly randomly the DROP table Command while
checking permissions to drop the Table will lockup the database. I have
tried truncate too and it seems to have the same issue. The
innodb_buffer_pool_size=35G. Any Ideas what the problem could be or
where to start looking?

Noctechie

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew
  Google+ - http://gplus.to/dbart

MariaDB: An Enhanced Drop-in Replacement for MySQL
        Website - http://mariadb.org
        Twitter - http://twitter.com/mariadb
        Google+ - http://gplus.to/mariadb
       Facebook - http://fb.com/MariaDB.dbms