KB Question: InnoDB recovery under Maria

The following question has been posted to the Knowledgebase:

http://kb.askmonty.org/en/innodb-recovery-under-maria/
InnoDB recovery under Maria

Hi, I have been using MySQL for various embedded situation over the
years. I am currently working on a new version of an existing project
which I'm also migrating to MariaDB (I think I prefer Monty's style!).

OK. Some tables in this database get update from an external source in
a complex manner, so I am using InnoDB on these table with a
transaction to ensure the operation is either completed or completely
abandoned.

This is an embedded app, and it can be interupted abruptly, leaving the
InnoDB tables blocked.

The procedure in this case is to set InnoDB recover to 4, dump the
database, manually delete the InnoDB files, restart normally, restore,
and then force an update from the external source.

I'm hoping I will eventually be able to solve this using Aria tables,
but in the meantime is there any way I can automate the process. I
don't need to recover the data in the InnoDB tables following a crash,
I just need to know that it has happened so I can get a new dataset.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew
  Google+ - http://gplus.to/dbart

MariaDB: An Enhanced Drop-in Replacement for MySQL
        Website - http://mariadb.org
        Twitter - http://twitter.com/mariadb
        Google+ - http://gplus.to/mariadb
       Facebook - http://fb.com/MariaDB.dbms