Re: [Maria-developers] Json Explain

hi!

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Laursen <peter_laursen@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Peter> Is Explain output in Json format planned in MariaDB (refer
Peter> http://glebshchepa.blogspot.in/2012/04/optimizer-new-explain-formatjson.html)
Peter> ?

For the moment we don't have a plan for that.

The main reason is that the MariadB optimizer people don't like the
implementation and we are not sure how useful the current output
really is.

Igor, Timour or Sergey, can anyone of you comment?

Peter> If so when? and will the implementation details and output format be fully
Peter> identical to Oracle/MySQL 5.6?

That is the question ?

Peter> (I did not find it mentioned here:
Peter> http://monty-says.blogspot.dk/2012/09/now-is-good-time-to-be-part-of-future.html
Peter> http://blog.mariadb.org/mariadb-directions/

Peter> .. sorry if I overlooked it somewhere)

No you didn't and this is the right forum to ask!

Regards,
Monty

PS: Of course anyone can back-port the feature from MySQL 5.6 to
    MariaDB 10.0;  We are happy to review a patch...
    However, lets first see what the optimizer team has to say...