Re: [Dbmail] MariaDB and dbmail

Am 03.04.2013 11:09, schrieb Sergej Pupykin:
> At Tue, 02 Apr 2013 19:47:15 +0400,
> Sergej Pupykin <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Not sure if it caused by migration to mariadb, but problem appeared
>> near same time.
>
> Downgrading back from mariadb 5.5.30 to mysql 5.5.30 solves the
> problem. It looks like mariadb has ordering problems or it is not
> drop-in replacement of mysql

i am CC'ing this to the MariaDB list..........

but "however when I run it from command line it works well" speaks
against it - this is highly interesting since more and more
distributions are switching to MariaDB including Fedora and i am
at preparing the switch too with no problems until now
_____________________________

zamri <myzamri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> MariaDB is fully compatible with MySQL. Migration is done. So far so good. Phewww!...
>
> Now I need to do some research on tuning mariadb if needed.

I found that after migration following SQL returns wrong sorted data:

SELECT
    l.part_key,
    l.part_depth,
    l.part_order,
    l.is_header,
    DATE_FORMAT(ph.internal_date,GET_FORMAT(DATETIME,'ISO')),
    data
FROM
    dbmail_mimeparts p
JOIN dbmail_partlists l ON p.id = l.part_id
JOIN dbmail_physmessage ph ON ph.id = l.physmessage_id
WHERE l.physmessage_id = <ID>
ORDER BY l.part_key,l.part_order ASC;

however when I run it from command line it works well.

Probably it does not fail always because of not all emails damaged.