Spider 3.0 is merged against MariaDB 10.0

Hi!

Kentoku Shiba has merged the latest Spider 3.0 against MariaDB 10.0:
	https://code.launchpad.net/~kentokushiba/maria/10.0-spider-3.0

I would like to propose this for merging

There is also a complete test suite now, and Kentoku has written some instructions:

== testing Spider
I pushed Spider into "lp:~kentokushiba/maria/10.0-spider-3.0".
It's tested on "CentOS 6.3 x86_64" and "Windows 7 professional 32bit". Test command is the followings.
> cd mysql-test
> ./mysql-test-run.pl --mysqld=--innodb --suite=spider

The following test command can't done yet, because it needs some change for MariaDB.
> ./mysql-test-run.pl --mysqld=--innodb --suite=spider/bg
Spider's background/parallel search feature works allocate and free result-set from data node on different thread, but MariaDB 10.0's "per thread memory usage" feature can't understand it.

> ./mysql-test-run.pl --mysqld=--innodb --suite=spider/handler
Table partition feature need to support "handler" command. I have a patch file.

In addition, it is awesome to note that Kentoku & his team behind the development of Groonga storage engine have also won an award (Japan OSS Incentive Award):
	http://ossforum.jp/en/node/1277

Thanks

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.

Follow ups