TokuDB + MariaDB: libjemalloc is important

Hi!

Continuing on the interest in libjemalloc, and how we have a thread started on in, especially since Percona is building their server going forward using it (see: https://lists.launchpad.net/maria-discuss/msg00788.html), we've also had requests from Team Tokutek, that TokuDB also requires us building with jemalloc for a good experience.

I'm adding Tim Callaghan to the discussion, as TokuDB has been building & releasing with it for over a year

The other Callaghan who's on this list, Mark, has also made posts about jemalloc: https://www.facebook.com/MySQLatFacebook/posts/486784224710172 & https://www.facebook.com/notes/mysql-at-facebook/using-jemalloc-to-fix-a-performance-problem/10150494400690933

Shall we think about using a different malloc implementation? LD_PRELOAD may be the only option we have to change... (oh and test, benchmark, etc.)

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, http://bytebot.net/blog/ | twitter: @bytebot | skype: colincharles
MariaDB: Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.