New Question: Netbeans 7.3 + Hibernate + MariaDB Java Client + MySQL database

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "MariaDB Java Client" by mr_lou_d:
--------------------------------
Although I can access the database through Netbeans using this driver and MySQL database, I am having difficulty getting Hibernate to work with the driver. Hibernate.cfg file has these entries:

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306
     /myspecial?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull [MariaDB - root on myspecial]</property>

<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect</property>

Note that the Hibernate plugin can't seem to find (doesn't have) any valid dialects for the mariadb driver. Therefore I edited the above xml to force MySQLDialect. This allowed me to get a little further, but when I try to create new "Hibernate mapping files and pojos from database", I fill in the dialog - but no files are generated.

When I follow the same steps with the MySQL Java "Connector", including the same hibernate.reveng, it generates the pojos, and all works fine.

Thanks for taking a look at this... Any ideas?

To view or answer this question please visit: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/netbeans-73-hibernate-mariadb-java-client-mysql-database/