Re: New Question: Aria Max Table Size for internal on-disk temporary tables

Hi!

MARK> On many occasions I have worked with DBAs who really, really wanted a limit
MARK> on the max on-disk size for implicit and explicit temp tables. They prefer
MARK> to fail a long running query over filling up a disk and halting the
MARK> database. Or don't have a limit but make the query fail when a temp table
MARK> write gets ENOSPC.

I thought that I had fixed that for internal temporary files but
apparently I haven't done that.

I will create a Jira task for doing that for Aria (which is used for
internal temporary tables in MariaDB).

Explicit temporary tables are a bit hard as this depends on the
storage engine.

I am not sure how InnoDB reacts to a disk full for a temporary table.
Jan, do you happen to know?
At least, it should not wait for disk space to be freed, like MyISAM
or Aria.

Regards,
Monty