New Question: Is it possible to specify a user, password, and non standard port for the thrift servers?

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "Cassandra Storage Engine" by frankflynn:
--------------------------------
In the Cassandra examples we see:

  set cassandra_default_thrift_host='192.168.0.10'

and then

  create table cassandra_tbl ( rowkey  type PRIMARY KEY, ...  thrift_host= can also be specified here

But is it currently possible to specify a user, password, and/or a non standard port?

I've removed the user and password and tried thrift_host='192.168.0.10:9161'  (using my particular IP) but that does not seem to work.  The error I get is:

ERROR 1429 (HY000): Unable to connect to foreign data source: Could not resolve host for client socket. [1]

I can connect to this host / port from the command line.

To view or answer this question please visit: http://kb.askmonty.org/en/is-it-possible-to-specify-a-user-password-and-non-standard-port-for-the-thr/