Re: New Question: Creating a System DSN for MariaDB on Windows

You will need to install an ODBC driver for MySQL. The .msi installer for
MariaDB is not bundled with an ODBC-driver. The driver from Oracle should
work with MariaDB as well (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/).
Monty AB+SkySQL have a C-connector and a JAVA-connector of their own breed
- but not ODBC drivers or .NET connectors currently. But *all*
drivers/connectors from Oracle should work with MariaDB.

Note that if your application is 64 bit you will need the 64 bit ODBC
driver - a 64 bit application on Windows cannot use a 32 bit driver.  If
your application is 32 bit you can use both the 32 bit and 64 bit driver
(the latter only on 64 bit systems obviously). However on a 64 bit system a
32 bit driver will not show up in Control Panel .. Administration .. Data
Sources.  However there is a 32 bit version of the ODBC manager
('odbcad32.exe') in the SysWOW64 folder on 64 bit Windows systems where the
32 bit driver will show up after being installed (refer for instance:
http://faq.webyog.com/content/17/187/en/problems-creating-a-functional-dsn-on-64-bit-windows.html
)

Peter
Webyog