Re: [Maria-developers] MySQL bug affects mariaDB

Am 27.09.2013 20:28, schrieb Peter Laursen:
> On Windows multiple MySQL servers run (if only they have distinct basedir, datadir, port (and/or pipe) and service
> name). This is how Windows manages servides (daemons) simply!
>
> And BTW: this is the reason why Windows is a comfortable platform for application testing if you want to test an
> application that should work with multiple MySQL server versions. Multiple MySQL servers on *nix is a PITA - on
> Windows it is an ease as the OS has no restriction in this respect

on Linux also, with systemd like below, yes i had also running multiple MySQL
instances before systemd, now it takes 5 minutes and a new instance is running
and the rpm-build-process is straight forwared, see the third one which is
MySQL while the other both are MariaDB

[root@testserver:~]$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service
[Unit]
Description=MariaDB Database
Before=network.service
[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my.cnf --user=mysql
ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-wait-ready $MAINPID
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
TimeoutSec=300
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
PrivateTmp=true
CapabilityBoundingSet=~CAP_SYS_PTRACE
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[root@testserver:~]$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld-dbmail.service
[Unit]
Description=MariaDB DBMail-Database
Before=postfix.service dovecot.service dbmail-imapd.service dbmail-lmtpd.service dbmail-pop3d.service
[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my-dbmail.cnf --user=mysql
ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysqld-dbmail-wait-ready $MAINPID
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
TimeoutSec=300
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
PrivateTmp=true
CapabilityBoundingSet=~CAP_SYS_PTRACE
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[root@testserver:~]$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld-oracle.service
[Unit]
Description=MySQL DBMail-Database (Oracle)
Before=postfix.service dovecot.service dbmail-imapd.service dbmail-lmtpd.service dbmail-pop3d.service
[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/local/oracle/libexec/mysqld --defaults-file=/etc/my-oracle.cnf --user=mysql
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
TimeoutSec=300
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000