New Question: yum Install on x86_64 CentOS 5.x

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "MariaDB community" by flumpydog:
I am attempting to install MariaDB on a x86_64 server running CentOS 5.9. I followed the instructions for "Installing MariaDB with yum", created the MariaDB.repo file, however when I run yum, it wants to install i386 rpm files and not x86_64. I even attempted to modify the MariaDB.repo file and use baseurl = http://yum.mariadb.org/5.5/centos5-amd64 , however this did not work.

What can I do to correct this as I would like to do this all with yum.

Thanks,
Chuck

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/yum-install-on-x86_64-centos-5x/