Re: The MariaDB Foundation and MariaDB trademark?

Rasmus,

As both a SkySQL VP and a board member, could you answer one question:

What was the involvement (c.f. no involvement, passive notice, active
agreement, approval, rejection, etc.) of the MariaDB Foundation and its
board in the current/new uses of the MariaDB trademark: the MariaDB.com
site and design itself, the phrase "MariaDB Enterprise", etc.?

Additionally, should not MariaDB.com say in its footer "2013 © SkySQL" not
"2013 © MariaDB" since, by my understanding "MariaDB" is not itself some
commercial entity? Otherwise you're essentially acting as "SkySQL d/b/a
MariaDB" which is unnecessarily confusing and ambiguous as to the
position/relationship of the MariaDB Foundation.

Regards,

Jeremy