Re: Issues using the connect engine with ODBC on Linux

Hi Eric,

Which version of MariaDB, distribution (source or binary)
and operating system are you using?

On 10/14/2013 11:30 PM, eric hernandez wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to use the "Connect" engine to read data from Microsoft SQL
Server 2008 R2 from a linux based MariaDB instance.

I am getting the following error.

create table tablea  (

     ->  id bigint(20) NOT NULL,

    )

     -> engine=connect table_type=ODBC

     -> block_size=10

     -> tabname='tablea'

     -> Connection='DSN=MSSQLTestServer'

ERROR 1105 (HY000): Unsupported table type ODBC

I have the underlying linux box talking fine to the "MSSQLTestServer"
via odbc through the iSQL command.

You can see here where i connect via isql from the command line with no
issue

isql -v MSSQLTestServer sa $sanitized

| Connected!                            |

| sql-statement                         |

| help [tablename]                      |

| quit                                  |

  So odbc is installed and working properly on the linux box. Do you
have any advice on how to get past this error?

Thanks,

-Eric