Re: maria certifications?

Yes, I agree it would be useful. I googled for MariaDB certifications because:
* Maria has many things My doesn't have, particularly if you compare 10 and 5.6; some of them are complex enterprise features (multi-source repl)
* Some things you study for Oracle certification exams are not true for Maria (no query cache for partitioned tables)
* Studying for Oracle exams also means to study some software you probably don't care about (NDB, Oracle enterprise tools)

But in my opinion certifications are useful if they are somehow official. The certifications I read about on that site may be great, but will companies care about them? I'm not sure, because they are not designed/approved by the MariaDB project's people.

Federico

Il Mercoledì 23 Ottobre 2013 18:25, Colin Charles <byte@xxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
Hi!

On 24 Oct 2013, at 00:11, Federico Razzoli <federico_raz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I found a site about MariaDB certifications:
> http://www.mariadbcertification.org/
>
> However, it looks like a sort of work in progress. Also, I don't understand if it is something official, or at least recommended by the Foundation. And, if it is not, is any official certification planned?

First time I've seen this website. It's actually not badly designed. Looks like it comes from AccelerationDB. As a project we don't have anything like this, and as a Foundation this is also not planned, but the divergence is getting quite clear that it makes sense to have some kind of certification.