Re: MySQL Workbench 6 & MariaDB

On 12 Nov 2013, at 20:35, Peter Laursen <peter_laursen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One question: What happens after "it tells you that the server version 10 is not supported"? Can you dismiss the dialog telling so and continue - or will WB simply refuse to continue work with that server after displaying that message?

You can dismiss it, but I can also create it to hang quite reliably (on OS X). It sees table structure, etc. but getting it to function in a usable fashion is quite difficult. In contrast, OSX has Sequel Pro which "just works"

> Peter Laursen
> (Webyog - and obviously it is no bad for us if WB will not work with MariaDB 10! :-) )

Workbench has this one advantage of being across all platforms. That said, thank you for making Sqlyog, and keep up the good work!
--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist
MariaDB | t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles