Re: Table Change notification to all Clients?

Hi,

You can use FlexCDC (an open source script for this) with some minor
modifications.  You can run it under cygwin on Windows.  You would simply
make it send notifications (via whatever method you like) regarding the
data in the binary log.  It will automatically read binary log and keep
processing it as it arrives.

You could do homegrown binary log trolling.  A simple script to just scans
the binary log for table maps (or DML containing requested table names if
you don't need contents) if you just want table name notifications is
pretty trivial.

There is a C binary log API that can be read, but constructing an app using
the binary log API is complex.

You could use triggers with Gearman UDF calls.  Most message queues support
notifications to all listeners when an event arrives.  The trigger could
pack up the details in a simple comma separated list of values, json encode
the new/old values, whatever you want.

--Justin