Re: MariaDB 5.5.34 now available

Hi, Reindl!

On Nov 21, Reindl Harald wrote:
> as far as i can say my private build for Fedora 19 x86_64 is fine
> but Percona is greeting different as the changelog says
>
> how has "merge" to be recognized in this context?
> include rel32 or merge cherry picking?
>
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-5534-changelog/
> Percona-Server-5.5.34-rel32.0 merge
>
> Percona XtraDB (http://www.percona.com) 5.5.34-MariaDB-31.1 started; log sequence number 20195271610

Yes, sorry for this.

Percona is often forgetting to update the XtraDB version field.
I've submitted bug reports about it, and, as far as I remember, they
wanted to introduce some kind of a script of a trigger to make sure the
version is always correct. But apparently they did not.

"Percona-Server-5.5.34-rel32.0 merge" means that I took XtraDB from
Percona-Server-5.5.34-rel32.0.tar.gz source tarball.

But XtraDB version in that file (in storage/innobase/include/univ.i) is
still 29.3. If you'd look in Percona Server, XtraDB would, most
probably, announce itself as 5.5.34-29.3

In our sources it's 31.1 because, apparently, I've updated the version
during the previous merge, but forgot to update now. I'm not much better
than Percona when updating versions :(

I'll add a test to ensure this won't happen again.
MDEV-5325

Regards,
Sergei