Re: Change from MySQL to MariaDB - Problem with EVENTS-Table in information_schema

Am 20.12.2013 13:22, schrieb Frank Röhm:
> day before yesterday I updated my MySQL Server 5.5.34 to MariaDB 5.5.34
> on my Ubuntu 12.04 Server.
>
> All went fine but next day, I noticed that the automatic backup script
> (automysqlbackup) had errors, I read:
>
> mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM
> `EVENTS`': Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler
> were found damaged at server start (1577)
> mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show events': Cannot proceed because system
> tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start (1577)

looks like you *did not* run "mysql_upgrade -u root -p" after the migration!
you should do this after *any* mysql/mariadb update directly after the
service was restarted to prevent from hidden *serious* problems like
root not allowed to use several grant-commands because missing columns
in the permission tables and such nasty things