Re: Software patent?

A comment to ".. mysql replication to heterogeneous database".  Isn't a
slave of a multi-master MySQL replication setup (what I understand is
possible with GTIDs at least) a 'heterogeneous database' as well?

I can only agree that the new discovery/technology that justifies (if it
does) a patent grant is not easy to see. And terms used in the document are
not all well-defined either IMO.

Besides much of the document is just a rewrite/quote of MySQL documentation
(such as http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/data-types.html for
instance).

-- Peter