Re: Software patent?

Hi,

That is pretty funny.  The flow chart is exactly the same as FlexCDC which
predates this.  FlexCDC reads binary logs events, processes them, writes
them into another log, and then makes them available for application to
another database or for aggregate tables in the same database, which is by
definition a heterogeneous data source.

And FlexCDC is of course based on similar technology in DB2 and Oracle.
 Oracle captures changes via logminer or streams, and DB2 has a log capture
utility that was used as the prototype for the algorithm that Flexviews is
based on.

Also, I have a talk called "realtime event capture ..." at the PLMCE
conference that talks about using FlexCDC to capture events and propagate
them to other systems.

This is also how Continuent works too.