Re: Codership's Galera patch part of standard MariaDB

Hi,

As I understand it, Galera doesn't work through the pluggable storage
engine API, so adding it via the engine interface is not an option.  It
intercepts the binary log capture process, implements a global transaction
identifier and wire transaction state prototocol (wsrep), and is tightly
integrated with InnoDB so as to trigger deadlocks on incoming replication
write conflicts.  It is not possible to use Galera with TokuDB or MyISAM
for this reason (though MyISAM is technically supported, it is not a good
idea).  Because it only works with InnoDB and MyISAM (barely), it makes
sense (at least to me) to make it a separate package.

Just my $.02