Re: Codership's Galera patch part of standard MariaDB

Thanks Sergei, that sounds great!
I'll keep an eye on that issue

Honza

On 02/12/2014 05:37 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
Hi, Honza!

On Feb 11, Honza Horak wrote:
Hi guys,

my Google-foo is poor today and I can't find any discussion about
"inclusion of Codership's Galera patch to standard code-source of
MariaDB". I'd like to see that one could just use the wresp plugin and
have a working Galera cluster (even if that would mean to introduce new
engine) without having another instance of the package.

Is that technically possible at all and if so, are there any thoughts
like this?

Yes, possible. Yes, we are considering this.
MDEV-5665

The main part of this task is to ensure that this will have no effect
of the server whatsoever when galera is disabled.

Regards,
Sergei