Re: postfixadmin and mariadb, want to add support for user 'groups'

On 3/10/2014 9:42 AM, Sergei Golubchik <serg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Tanstaafl!

On Mar 09, Tanstaafl wrote:
So, as things stand now, I'm going to have to manually add every
single individual userid to every single resource they will need to
have access too, rather than just doing this with groups.

This is what SQL standard roles were designed to solve.
We have implemented roles in 10.0.
You create roles instead of groups, and grant these roles to users.

Hi Sergei,

thanks for the reply, but you are misunderstanding.

I am *not* talking about *SQL* users - ie, users who will have direct access to and be interacting with the SQL database.

I am talking about the EMAIL users that postfixadmin creates and stores in the sql db.

This is what I meant when I said 'in the same way as Active Directory (Security) Groups work'...

So, I need an SQL schema that allows for the creation of 'Groups', that the email 'accounts' can be made members of, that can then be queried to test if any given email user is a member of any given group.

Hopefully that was a little clearer.

Charles