Re: MariaDB vs. MySQL error codes (1900+)

Felipe Gasper <felipe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> 	I notice that MariaDB is using the 1900+ range for its own
> error codes; however, MySQL 5.7, at least, has a few errors in that
> range as well.
>
> 	Are error codes just going to be an area of increasing
> conflict between the two, or is there a plan to migrate MariaDB codes
> to a different numbering scheme?

Thanks for bringing this to attention. This is a pretty serious issue, and
I've forwarded it to Tomas Ulin, who should be in a position to get it fixed.

Tomas, please note this issue. MariaDB has used error codes from 1900 from the
very start to avoid these kinds of conflicts. They can not be changed, as the
codes are already in GA releases and applications may be relying on the
numbers. You will need to ensure that MySQL 5.7 avoids conflicts with these
before 5.7 goes GA, or there will be a conflict that will hurt all users and
will be very hard to fix later.

Felipe, you should probably also file a bug on bugs.mysql.com to try to get
this fixed before MySQL 5.7 GA.

Thanks,

 - Kristian.