Mariadb Java Driver useOldAliasMetadataBehavior and useColumnNamesInFindColumn

Hi
Our context file presently has the useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true in  it
to handle select count(*) as Bignumber type scenarios.( select as as b from
table )

We tried using the mariadb driver as we have started the journey to using
mariadb.5.5 and had a meltdown in our app (dev only thanks).
I have done some research and it as i read it the mariadb code doesn't
honour that parameter.

I have done some research and one article stated With JDBC drivers version
4.0 and later you will eventually not get the aliasName

As i haven't fully digested the JDBC 4.0 spec, barely scratched the surface
am I right to conclude Maria and MySQL drivers will not eventually support
this behavior and what is the approach to this using aliases or the selact
a as b type scenario. Just point me to the pages is fine

Any assistance appreciated

Cheers

--
*Peter McLarty*
*Data Analyst DBA*

--

Compare The Market is a brand and trading name of Compare The Market (Pty) Ltd (CTM). This email is for the intended addressee and is confidential and subject to copyright.
If you are not the intended addressee, confidentiality has not been waived and any use, interference with, or disclosure of this email is unauthorised.