Re: help - i'm not finding one sql function

Am 19.03.2014 16:33, schrieb Roberto Spadim:
> i don`t know why, but many functions (of php for example) could be implemented easily,
> but why not implement it? there`s a sql 2000 standard or something like it to disallow
> this kind of functions? maybe we could create a plugin with many function native to
> mariadb, and set it on/off to allow a mysql compatibility

well, i tell you what happens finally

* most users are not reading any manual
* just develop by trial-and-error
* starting using all that nice things
* then they quit
* the person taking their task in future needs to migrate
* the application has a "vendor-lockin" and is not portable

and no, i am not speaking for the developers

i am speaking for myself after had to struggle way too
often the last 10 years with not well planned software
and the resulting upgrade / migration pains