Re: New Question: installation issue

You might like to set up your machine with a real looking but fake domain.
and set your host name to something otehr than localhost.

Depending on your disrtibution of Linux, the tools might be slightly
different. If you have the GUI Desktop installed on your Linux then log in
as root and configure a domain and hostname set the hostname from test to
whatever you want and set the domain to harald.corp for example and it will
configure your networking and mariadb will be much happier

At the end when you check your /etc/hosts file it will have an entry along
the lines of
192.168.1.111  test.harald.corp test

If you wish to up your skills you could also run a local DNS service for
your machine on your machine

HTH

Cheers

Peter

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM, AskMonty KB <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A new question has been asked in "MariaDB Documentation" by rahulsharma:
> --------------------------------
> during installation mariadb5.5 .tar i am getting issue as following:-
> root@localhost mysql]# ./scripts/mysql_install_db
> ./scripts/mysql_install_db: line 268: ./bin/my_print_defaults: cannot
> execute binary file
> either host 'localhost.localhost' nor 'localhost' could be looked up with
> ./bin/resolveip
> please configure the 'hostname' commmand to return a correct hostname.
>

> kindly suggest me!!!!!

*Peter McLarty*
*Data Analyst DBA*
Compare The Market
P: +61 7 3377 8952
M: +61 4 0209 4238
http://www.comparethemarket.com.au

--

Compare The Market is a brand and trading name of Compare The Market (Pty) Ltd (CTM). This email is for the intended addressee and is confidential and subject to copyright.
If you are not the intended addressee, confidentiality has not been waived and any use, interference with, or disclosure of this email is unauthorised.