Re: innodb_adaptive_flushing_method option in MariaDB 10.0

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> I’m looking at the option innodb_adaptive_flushing_method in the docs but I see it has been removed in 10.0 and replaced?
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/xtradbinnodb-server-system-variables/#innodb_adaptive_flushing_method
> "Removed: MariaDB 10.0/XtraDB 5.6 - replaced with InnoDB flushing method from MySQL 5.6"
>
> Has it been replaced by innodb_flush_method because I’m trying to set “keep_average” for SSD drives.
>
> $ mysql --version
> mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.10-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

This is in line with upstream XtraDB in 5.6 so yes, innodb_adaptive_flushing_method has been removed in 10.0:
	http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-server/5.6/changed_in_56.html#list-of-system-variables-that-are-no-longer-available-in-percona-server-5-6

You might find more information here about the new flushing method:
	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/innodb-performance.html#innodb-lru-background-flushing

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, SkySQL - The MariaDB Company
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles