Name for Native MariaDB Client Library RPM

Hi guys,

I'd like to package the native MariaDB client library as an RPM for Fedora. But I got into troubles when discussing the name of the RPM. In Fedora we have some rules about packages names and there are some other facts that need to be taken into account. These are restrictions I face:

* not to use underscope unless absolutely necessary
* follow upstream's name as much as possible (tarball is called mariadb_client-2.0.0-src.tar.gz) * we already have mariadb-libs and there might be mariadb-client packages in the future, if we start follow upstream naming for subpackages, so we cannot use mariadb-libs or mariadb-client

Having these restrictions on my mind and seeing mariadb-native-client as a name for Windows installers, I think this would be also the best name for Fedora.

In practice the packages will include these files:

mariadb-native-client-2.0.0-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm
  /usr/lib64/mariadb/libmariadb.so.2
  LICENSE, README, ...

mariadb-native-client-devel-2.0.0-1.fc20.x86_64.rpm
  /usr/bin/mariadb_config
  /usr/include/mariadb/*
  /usr/lib64/mariadb/libmariadb.so
  /usr/lib64/mariadb/libmysql.so
  /usr/lib64/mariadb/libmysqlclient.so
  /usr/lib64/mariadb/libmysqlclient_r.so

By this mail I'd like to check if you, MariaDB upstream, will be OK with that (no response means confirmation).

Regards,
Honza