Re: MariaDB Galera Cluster version 10.0 incompatible with the version 5.5

On 2014-05-01 03:58, Eric Kom wrote:
Hi All,
I'm new in the clustering, after installed 4 nodes with 3 having
version 10.0 and another with version 5.5, this last did not want to
join the cluster until I upgrade it to version 10.0.
My question is, they is an incompatibility between the two versions?

Like everywhere in this world, there is only backward compatibility. Meaning you can join 10.0 node to 5.5 cluster - and it will operate as 5.5 node. But you can't join 5.5 node to 10.0 cluster cause it does not know how to operate like 10.0.

Thanks