PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA to be disabled in 10.0 (10.0.12)

Hi all,

Recently there was chat about how PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA was enabled by mistake and it should be disabled in the 10.0 series. I'm curious - how many of you are using PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA? Is it a problem to turn it on, if you use it?

I'm referring to:
	https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6249

Looking from the webscalesql list, there are examples of performance degradation:
	https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webscalesql/B-4bPIb8mHI/eUNsl0lSfbMJ
	https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webscalesql/B-4bPIb8mHI/-YZMMCuPw3QJ

quote: "Our perf testing agrees with your assessment (we see about a 5%-6% perf hit when it's included and on, and a 2%-3% hit when it's included but off)"

Please discuss this, either here or on MDEV-6249

Thanks

cheers,
-colin

--
Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, SkySQL - The MariaDB Company
blog: http://bytebot.net/blog/| t: +6-012-204-3201 | Skype: colincharles

Follow ups