 Asunto: [Maria-discuss] PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA to be disabled in 10.0 (10.0.12)
 Para: "Maria Discuss" <maria-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, maria-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Fecha: martes, 3 de junio, 2014 10:20

 Hi all,

 Recently there was chat about how PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA was
 enabled by mistake and it should be disabled in the 10.0
 series. I'm curious - how many of you are using
 PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA? Is it a problem to turn it on, if you
 use it?

 I'm referring to:
     https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6249

 Looking from the webscalesql list, there are examples of
 performance degradation:
     https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webscalesql/B-4bPIb8mHI/eUNsl0lSfbMJ
     https://groups.google.com/d/msg/webscalesql/B-4bPIb8mHI/-YZMMCuPw3QJ

 quote: "Our perf testing agrees with your assessment (we see
 about a 5%-6% perf hit when it's included and on, and a
 2%-3% hit when it's included but off)"

 Please discuss this, either here or on MDEV-6249

 Thanks

 cheers,
 -colin

 --
 Colin Charles, Chief Evangelist, SkySQL - The MariaDB
 Company