Re: fusion io

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Mark,
>
> On 14 Jun 2014, at 00:44, MARK CALLAGHAN <mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Where can directFS be downloaded? This is open source, right?
> >

> From what I gather, there is a public API to this called OpenNVM
> (http://opennvm.github.io/). But the short answer is that
> directfs/nvmfs isn't opensource - you only get this if you have a
> fusion-io card

Further more after talking to a fusionio engineer directfs development has stopped 2 years ago and is unsupported by them.

opennvm was mentioned as its replacement though I've got him digging up some closed source stuff too. Lets see if I get a nvmfs.

Despite the opennvm.github.io claims it looks like mariadb doesn't support it as it isn't a filesystem nor does it implement some ioctl, its a pure API that directly operates on the /dev/fio* device.

Seems like some documentation is quite out of date.

I'll let you know how I get on in about a week.