Re: quering images

nice justin, i think it's a histogram analysis
i'm thinking about a new index feature, like full text, but using mariadb,
ideas are wellcome :)

for example

select * from table where image_match(table_image_blob_field,"some other
image, maybe using base64","histogram")>50

or others functions, the main feature is create a nice index to speed this
features, i don't know if this exist or could be created, just checking
what we have before planning something new

some links related that we could use to 'search images':

histogram/template/feature match:
http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/imgproc/histograms/template_matching/template_matching.html
http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/imgproc/histograms/histogram_comparison/histogram_comparison.html
http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/features2d/feature_flann_matcher/feature_flann_matcher.html

barcode:
http://zbar.sourceforge.net/

exif (image meta data)
http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format (exif
information)

and others algorithms, search faces, thumb, hands, eyes, etc