Re: MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.13

Hi Nirbhay,

We're looking forward to these fixes:

https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-5786 - We were previously running
mysql_upgrade on every node and getting errors due to replication. We now
disable replication while mysql_upgrade is running but this makes us
vulnerable to writes while replication is disabled. We could prevent writes
while replication is disabled, but we expect this fix will allow us to
revert our automation around disabling replication.

https://mariadb.atlassian.net/browse/MDEV-6492 - Our understanding is that
until we receive this fix, nodes can receive writes that may not be
replicated while in donor mode for an rsync SST. We expect this fix to
prevent writes while in donor mode for rsync SST.

We are also crossing our fingers that 10.0.13 resolves this issue (link is
to codership forum, just posted the same question to maria-discuss a few
minutes ago):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/codership-team/OSnQ1FLloBI. We
haven't filed a bug for it yet; were hoping to get a sanity check first.

Thank you,
Shannon

Cloud Foundry Service, Pivotal