New Question: Historical data, nightly snapshots

Hello,

A new question has been asked in "MariaDB Documentation" by bjquinn:
I have an application where I need to take nightly snapshots of a large InnoDB database (10s of GB) and then have them available to be queried alongside the current data.  My underlying filesystem is (or at least can be) ZFS, so actually creating the snapshots is easy enough.  But how do I connect to the files contained in the snapshot so that I can query the tables via MariaDB?

If it's easier through another storage engine, I could consider that, though I do need row locking in the current data.  The historical data would be read only (obviously) and wouldn't need to be changed.

To view or answer this question please visit: http://mariadb.com/kb/en/historical-data-nightly-snapshots/