Re: R: question regarding innodb compression

Setting innodb_file_format Barracuda needs innodb_file_per_table.
So, your (new created) Barracuda table is putted into one .ibd file.
Any other your Antelope tables (in other .ibd files or ibdata1) don't be
affected that operation.

I have mix of Antelope/Barracuda for years in our production environment
too, without any problem of that.